Saturday, November 10, 2012

Emma Canning Monthly challenge



So glad to be home again. I'm sure most of you have seen and heard about all the damage from Hurricane Sandy in NY and NJ. Thank goodness we were spared from major damage, so many people lost their homes and everything, it's so sad. We just had some down tree limbs and loss of power for 9 days. We took the kids to my inlaws house, since it was too cold to stay here. I haven't been around blogland or on my own blog for the past two weeks because of this. But I'm back! It feels good to get crafty again and back to normal. Nice to have power and heat too!

I missed posting this card for November 1st over at the Flat Friends Challenge Blog, the second monthly challenge is up! The challenges will run monthly and the prize is four Flat Friends digi images to one random winner. You can find all the details on the challenge blog. 

If you haven't seen these fun images from Emma Canning yet, check them out at Polka Doodles, they are just so cute and hip and fun to color.

Our challenge is Dots and Stripes. Here is a cute little graphic from Emma to inspire you.


For my card I used the Christmas Camper image. I love this cute little VW van. So retro and fun. 

Pop on over to the Flat Friends Challenge blog and check out the creations from my design teamies (I've had a peek and they are amazing). Hope you will take some time to play along, you've got the whole month!

Card Recipe:
Image: Emma Canning Christmas Camper
Ink: printer
Paper: PTI Simply Chartreuse, SU Soft Sky, American Crafts prints, copic xpress blending
Extras: copics, nesties, stickles, sakura stardust pen, MS snowflake punch, card candi, PTI ribbon, Michaels jingle bells, PTI twine

9 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Welcome home. I know you are happy to be back in your own home, no matter how much you love your family, there is just no place like home.
I love your card, such pretty colors and a darling image. Great job on the coloring and beautiful design.

Karli said...

Kathy, I am so glad you're back & everyone is safe & at home. Sending you lots of big, warm hugs :)

Caroline said...

I'm glad you are home and that you are all OK. I watched it on the news it must have been awful.

Beautiful card the camper van is fabulous and I love your layout. Big Hugs Caroline xxxx

KimCreate said...

Kathy, I knew your lack of posting meant that you must have been affected by the storm. I thought of you and the other NJ crafters.
Glad you didn't have it worse.
oh, and nice card, btw.LOL

Angela said...

So glad you are back, Kathleen! I imagine you must be so relieved to be back home...glad you are all safe.

Darling card...I really like the Soft Sky paired with green and brown!

Danni said...

How fun is this!! Great card!

Regan said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you and yours are safe and with only minimal damage to property! My thoughts are with the victims of Hurricane Sandy...
This card is adorable! Love the colors and your ribbon! I'm sure you're happy to be back to crafting! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Kate said...

So glad that you and your family are okay. Beautiful card my friend.

Unknown said...

Glad to have you back safe and sound x x Gorgeous card as always - love it - thanks so much x x